After days of overindulging in rich Christmas food, it feels good to start 2016 with a more healthy lunch. Quick to prepare and taking just 20 minutes to cook, we love these roasted red peppers for a light lunch or starter at any time of year.
2 sweet red peppers
6 cherry tomatoes
1 fat garlic clove (or 2 smaller ones)
4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220°C for conventional electric ovens, 200°C for fan ovens or Gas Mark 7.
- Wash the tomatoes and the peppers.
- Slice the peppers in half lengthways so you cut the green stalk in half too.
- Scoop out the pith and the seeds inside each pepper half.
- Place the pepper halves on a baking tray.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and put 3 halves inside each pepper half.
- Thinly slice the garlic and distribute among the pepper halves.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil over the tomatoes and garlic in each pepper half.
- Roast in the oven until the pepper skins are just starting to turn black at the edges – approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve each person two halves with bread or salad.