This barely deserves writing down but as I’m teaching my children to cook, here’s my approach to making potato wedges. I use them a lot with grilled meat dishes and they’re great to go with a garlic mayonnaise dip if you’re making a buffet.
1 to 2 large potatoes per person depending on how hungry they are
1 tablespoon of olive oil for every 3 potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 190°C for fan ovens, 210°C for conventional ovens, or Gas Mark 7
- Wash and dry the potatoes but don’t peel them.
- Cut each potato in half lengthways then each half into 3 wedges lengthways or 4 if they’re really big. You’re aiming to make wedges that are about 2cm wide (just under 1 inch) at their thickest point.
- Drizzle the olive oil all over a baking tray. Place the wedges onto the tray and roll them in the olive oil so each wedge is well coated.
- Bake them in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until they’re soft and beginning to brown.